Our web service API (or "web service
", "Application Programmatic
") is another way for you to access the Nestoria database.
We don't have all the answers.
There are many opinions about the best way to search for property.
We're curious to see what ideas you have.
Our hope is that the API will let you use the data in ways that we
have not thought of. Feel free to amaze us.
The API is very much a work in progress.
Please let us know if you find something that does not work, or if
there is something that you would like to be able to do. Please get in
touch via our feedback form
if you have
suggestions. We'll announce changes to the API via our blog
(and of course document
them on the technical page
The legal details:
Not trying to be a bore, but before you dive into coding there are a
few things we need to clarify. By using the API you agree to the
- You will not alter the details provided - specifically you
will not change or misrepresent the names of the lister or of the
- You will provide a clear link to the original source of the data (the listings URL)
- You will not alter the listings URL, or replace it with any
- You will not cache the data more than 24 hours.
Property data is inherently shortlived. Keep it fresh.
- You will state that the data originated with Nestoria, and
provide a link to either our homepage
(http://www.nestoria.co.uk) or to the appropriate results page
- the url of which will be provided in the results.
- The data must be available online (ie the user must
have the possibilty of clicking through to the detail page of the
- The data must not be indexable by search engines.
You may charge for your application, for example a mobile application
- though we advise against it. Regardless of whether you charge or not
you may not restrict usage.
- We may in the future require registration to use the API.
- Please wait AT LEAST ONE SECOND between queries, or you are
likely to get automatically restricted. If you are releasing a
library to access the API, you MUST do this.
Please contact us if you would like to use the data in a way that
conflicts with the above. We're flexible. Hopefully we can come to an
The full details
Please put this logo on your page (linked to our homepage) to show people
where the data comes from. Please replace nestoria.co.uk in this example with the relevant domain for your country. Thanks.
You can grab the needed HTML here:
The API in action
If you do use the API please let us know. We feature some of the "best"
. Right now we're loving
Property Near Me
implementation. Nice work!
We also offer several other tools
for you or your website's readers to access our database.