Our web service API (or "web service", "Application Programmatic Interface") is another way for you to access the Nestoria database.
We don't have all the answers.
There are many opinions about the best way to search for property.
We're curious to see what ideas you have. Our hope is that the API will let you use the data in ways that we have not thought of. Feel free to amaze us.
The API is very much a work in progress
Please let us know if you find something that does not work, or if there is something that you would like to be able to do. Please get in touch via our feedback form if you have suggestions. We'll announce changes to the API via our blog (and of course document them on the technical page).
The legal details
Not trying to be a bore, but before you dive into coding there are a few things we need to clarify. By using the API you agree to the following terms:
- You will not alter the details provided - specifically you will not change or misrepresent the names of the lister or of the agent.
- You will provide a clear link to the original source of the data (the listings URL)
- You will not alter the listings URL, or replace it with any other URL.
- You will not cache the data more than 24 hours. Property data is inherently shortlived. Keep it fresh.
- You will state that the data originated with Nestoria, and provide a link to either our homepage (http://www.nestoria.co.uk) or to the appropriate results page - the url of which will be provided in the results.
- The data must be available online (ie the user must have the possibilty of clicking through to the detail page of the listing).
- The data must not be indexable by search engines.
- You may charge for your application, for example a mobile application - though we advise against it. Regardless of whether you charge or not you may not restrict usage.
- We may in the future require registration to use the API.
- Please wait AT LEAST ONE SECOND between queries, or you are likely to get automatically restricted. If you are releasing a library to access the API, you MUST do this.
Please contact us if you would like to use the data in a way that conflicts with the above. We're flexible. Hopefully we can come to an arrangement.
The full details
Please put this logo on your page (linked to our homepage) to show people where the data comes from. Please replace nestoria.co.uk in this example with the relevant domain for your country. Thanks.
You can grab the needed HTML here:
The API in action
If you do use the API please let us know. We feature some of the "best" implementations here. Right now we're loving Property Near Me's mobile implementation. Nice work!
We also offer several other tools for you or your website's readers to access our database.